Tuesday 18 March 2014

Procrastination

Ephesians 5:15-16- "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil"
Many reasons can cause procrastination and these include such common reasons like lack of proper perspective and poorntime management,  perfectionism,  fear of failure and lack of self confidence.
This trait called procastination affects all facets of life adversely,  it can cause failure in your education, marriage , loss of jobs , loss of opportunities to make right decisions concerning your life or choice of employment. It can also cause loss of opportunity to evangelise to someone.
Once i carried someone in my car who didn't recognise as someone I had carried many months before and I almost lost opportunity to speak to her as we began to discuss frivolities because it was pleasurable to do so then but the Holy Spirit helped me and I was able to get on track and evangelise to her and that is when she recalled we had met before and she declared she was highly pleased to hear the word, I was filled with joy and since then I haven't seen her again. I am glad I didn't procrastinate.
There are many results of procastination and one of them is feeling uncomfortable about putting off essential or urgent tasks, it also causes decreased productivity in academics, family life and business,  thereby living in disobedience to God's word in Colossians 3:23 " And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Procastination can also lead to eternal damnation in hell if you put off your salvation. Think about it dear ones.
*******Have fun till we meet again*******

No comments: