Tuesday 8 July 2014

Be Encouraged

Psalms 13:1 NLT
"O  lord , how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way?"

My Spirit: I’m full of doubts

What are the most serious obstacles to your faith? Materialism? Busyness? Evolutionary science? Pleasures?

How about stamina? When God makes you wait and wait and wait some more for his providence, does that grind down your confidence? Have you had some long stretches of poverty or illness or unemployment? David said, “How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?” (Psalm 13:1).

As God sees it, faith is like a muscle that needs a good workout to get stronger. Yeah--no pain, no gain. What often keeps us from developing the faith stamina we need is memory loss--we forget all the times that God did answer our prayers, when God did come through for us, when he did just what he said he would.

Waiting is okay. God is always on time. David answered his own question later in the same psalm: “I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me” (Psalm 13:5,6).
*******Have fun till we meet again*******

No comments: