Friday 2 November 2012

Tired!

I’m Tired

Some days I’m riding high. Things just work. They click. They go my way.

But some days, Lord, I can almost see the devil hindering me, laughing at me, breaking what I try to build, attacking me, lying to me, weakening me. He mocks my hopes, makes me doubt, urges me to ignore you, and makes despair look like my only option.

I don’t know how long I can go on like this. Lord, I’m so tired. “The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead. So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed” (Psalm 143:3,4).

Where can I go but to you? When my body is giving out, I must have strength from you. When my mind is confused, I must get clarity from your Word. When my path is nothing but fog, I must get directions from you. When my spirit sags, I must get courage from you.

May I be bold to remind you that I am your child? May I point out that my baptism has sealed me in the Spirit and that you have accepted responsibility for my well-being? Remember that I am part of the body of your Son. Pour out your Spirit upon me, Lord, and give me courage to live joyfully and confidently. Can we start today?

No comments: